Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy MLK! Today's post involves boobs, barre, and a Sight Word Freebie!

Teaching thought/Freebie of the Day


I hope everyone is having a fantastic day. We discussed MLK with our students last week and had them write about a dream that they would like to see come true. One little boy wrote something that had my partner and myself fighting back tears. As I peeked over his shoulder, I could see him working on his sentence. It read: "My dream is that my Dad will come home." Knowing that his father is serving in Afghanistan I was immediately humbled and yet also amazed at his composure while writing such a sentimental statement. Sometimes I forget just how strong our little ones are.  Needless to say, his writing will stand out among some of the others ("My  dream is that I am in Cotton Candy Land" .. or . . . "My dream is that Spongebob and I are best friends") in our class book.

On a different note, check out the sight word freebie below. I will be adding a set on Teachers Pay Teachers in a day or so, so watch for the link to my store! Enjoy your day off!

 

Click the Link Below for the Sight Word Freebie



 http://www.scribd.com/doc/121537570/Sight-Word-Freebie?secret_password=1mkdyqn236m7mx9cbtn7


Fitness/Nutrition

Today I went outside of my workout comfort zone. I'm that person in the gym with tunnel vision -- straight to the treadmill .. no talking, downward gaze, ear buds in, zoning out while I run. I'm not really a "joiner" when it comes to classes. Don't get me wrong, the classes are great. I just don't like to feel crammed into a space where there is a slight chance that someones sweaty limb my actually graze me or where if I turn my head to one side, I'm seeing someones Hanky Pankies. But, since I'm a sucker for a Groupon, I ventured out today and tried something new. If you haven't tried The Dailey Method,  and there is a studio in your area, I encourage you to check it out. I thought I was in pretty good shape until about 15 minutes into this class when my legs started screaming at me to "make it stop," and my abs felt like I'd just been hit by a baseball bat  - - - but in a good way.
It's a combination of seat work, barre work, maybe a little Pilates in there too? The best part ---- no thrashing around (no burpees, mountain climbers, etc.) , and no sweaty Betties breathing their hot coffee breath in my direction. So, I figure, since I do have four more classes with my Groupon deal, I'll check it out again later this week (once my legs recover from this morning). There is also a DVD available for purchase if you can't get to a studio.  Check out the link below.
 
 

http://www.thedaileymethod.com/


Fashion Finds

As most of my friends know, I'm always looking for a great deal. I'm happiest when brown packages arrive at my door on any given day (who doesn't love that?) with treasures I've won on ebay or finds from sites like Shop it To Me, My Habit, etc. Yes . . .  I have a problem . . . but at least I own it. With that said, I just picked up one of these Coobie Bras while out shopping yesterday. They retail for $22 and come in tons of colors (some with lace, some without). How cute would this be layered under other shirts or tank tops?
Even cute under a pretty blouse. I got one in bright orange --- I was reminiscing of summer I guess. Maybe having a cheerful color on "the girls" will put some extra pep in my step! (I forgot to mention - they even have a little padding in them to keep the girls looking their best).



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment